- Can be used to plant various upland crops (seeds) both in zero tillage and cultivated soil condition
- Simple design and constructed from locally available material
- Minimal maintenance and easy to use
- Needs little practice to be skillful in its operation
- Reduces drudgery compared to the traditional manual planting.
METHOD OF OPERATION:
Make sure that the field to be planted is well prepared. It will be useful to attach a small seed sack to the waist of the operator to hold the seeds to be planted. Start the operation by pushing the jabber vertically into the soil. Actuate the soil opener by pulling the actuator vertically upward. Drop the one or two seeds into the seed tube. Pull the jabber out of the soil and proceed to the next hill..
|Field Capacity:||0.25 ha/day|
|Suitability:||All types of corn seeds and other row crops|
|Tube Diameter:||30 mm|
|Labor of Requirement:||one person|
For more information, contact:
The Program Manager
Center for Agri-Fisheries and Biosystems Mechanization
Institute of Agricultural Engineering
College of Engineering and Agro-industrial Technology
University of the Philippines Los Baños
College, 4031 Laguna, Philippines
Tel. No. (049)536-2686, Telefax No: (049)536-3606
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to have a copy of this machines just click here.